it is time for another Stencil Sunday over on the STAMPlorations Blog:
- cover a wood panel with white gesso
- apply Dreamweaver Crackle embossing paste through the ARTplorations Happy Flowers Large stencil and let it dry thoroughly
- add Distress Paints (Shaded Lilac, Picked Raspberry, Evergreen Bough, Mermaid Lagoon, Spun Sugar) at the top of the panel and water it down until it drips - let it dry between colors and at the end
- mix some Distress Paint (Hickory Smoke) with Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid, paint it over the whole panel, let it sit for a minute and wipe some of it away with a baby wipe - repeat this process until you are happy with the result
- ink up the edges with Distress Ink (Black Soot)
- add some texture by stamping the script from the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Elements set with Archival Ink Watering Can
- add a border with one stamp from the STAMPlorations Artsy Border Maker set and the dot pattern from the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Grunge set and the same grey ink
- apply some Remnant Rubs (Botanical) at random spots as final embellishment
- dye a piece of seam binding with Distress Stains (Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, Evergreen Bough) and thread it through the holes of the panel
I hope you got inspired and don't forget to join us for our Mixed Media Challenge over at the STAMPlorations Blog. The theme is always anything mixed media except a card. You must use at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The Linky closes at the end of the month.
Until next time.