since it's the first Sunday of the month I would like to invite you to join our STAMPlorations December Mixed Media Challenge. I always say that I cannot draw but I really practiced to draw faces recently and this is the first project that I think is good enough to share with you. What do you think?
I thought the part I would struggle the most with would be the nose but the eyes turned out to be the most difficult part for me.
- sketch in a face on a piece of mixed media paper with a water-soluble HB pencil
- color the face with Jaxon Aquarelle watercolors and add shadows and highlights with gelatos
- add some more shadows with a Derwent Charcoal Pencil (Light)
- apply Distress Inks (Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concord) through several butterflies of the ARTplorations Flutters and Splatters Large stencil and outline all of them with a white and a black pen
- add splatters with white and black Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors
- use a black Pitt Artist Pen for journaling