today, we are starting the first Mixed Media Challenge in 2017 on the STAMPlorations Blog.
If you are interested in the products I used or other STAMPlorations, ARTplorations or CUTplorations products, I have a special treat for you: use the discount code STAMPGIRLTANJA and get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies.
- cover an art journal page cut from extra sturdy watercolor paper with white gesso
- stamp some of the adorable STAMPlorations Houses with Versafine (Smokey Gray) - this is just to determine the exact placement on the page
- cut out some circles from dry wall tape and adhere them onto the page
- color the page with Golden Fluid Acrylics (Manganese Blue Hue, Phthalo Blue Green Shade, Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold)
- apply some Texture Paste through the ARTplorations Just Squares stencil and let it dry thoroughly
- mix some Golden Fluid Acrylic (Carbon Black) with Golden Acrylic Glazing Liquid and paint it over the raised areas, let it sit for a moment and wipe it away with a baby wipe - repeat the process until you are happy with the result
- stamp the same houses from the STAMPlorations Houses set with My Favorite Things Hybrid Ink (Black Licorice) onto a piece of sturdy white cadrstock, color them with Delta and Touch Twin Brush Markers, cut them out and glue them onto the page with Matte Multi Medium
- add shading around the houses with a black Stabilo All Pencil
- add snowflakes with the help of watered-down white acrylic paint and a splatter brush
- use white Liquid Applique to create snow underneath the houses
- add the sentiment using a sticker
I hope you got inspired.