Sunday, May 7, 2017

Free Bird ATC

Hi there,

we are starting a new Mixed Media Challenge over on the STAMPlorations Blog. If you are interested in the products I used or other STAMPlorations, ARTplorations or CUTplorations products, I have a special treat for you: use the discount code STAMPGIRLTANJA and get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies.

  • in one of my previous posts I explained how I created the background for several ATCs
  • for this project I used the last one and since I thought it was too dark, I added a thin layer of white gesso over the whole card
  • add some additional color with Alcohol Inks (Clover, Eggplant, Gold)
  • stamp the letters from the STAMPlorations Scribbly Splattery Grunge set with Versamark and heat-emboss them with WOW! Silver Pearl embossing powder 
  • splatter the card with some watered-down white acrylic paint
  • apply black gesso over the ARTplorations Art happens stencil and on top of this layer Prima Marketing Crackle Paste Platinum through the ARTplorations Square Links stencil
  • use one of the birds from the ARTplorations Some Birds stencil as a template and cut it out from sturdy kraft cardstock
  • prime the bird with some white gesso and color it with Distress Paints (Wild Honey, Cracked Pistachio)
  • add shading with a black Stabilo All Pencil
  • stamp the newsprint from the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Grunge set with Archival Ink (Black Soot) right onto the bird's body
  • cut the Memory Box Woodland Branch from the same sturdy cardstock and color it with Distress Paint (Gathered Twigs)
  • dye two little piece of cheesecloth with Distress Ink (Tea Dye)  and use the Bosch GluePen to flue everything in place
  • as the final step add a sentiment sticker to the right side of the cluster

Thanks for stopping by.

Yours,


1 comment:

Thank you for visiting my blog. Your comments brighten my day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails