it's time for another Stencil Sunday over on the STAMPlorations Blog.
If you are interested in the products I used or other STAMPlorations, ARTplorations or CUTplorations products, I have a special treat for you: use the discount code STAMPGIRLTANJA and get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies.
- cover a canvas with white gesso
- wrap a piece of cheesecloth around a paintbrush and create a rose - secure it with Prima Marketing Clear Sculpture Medium
- adhere the paintbrush with gel medium
- cover the paintbrush with white gesso as well
- add texture by applying modeling paste through the ARTplorations Old Rose Prints stencil - let it dry thoroughly
- add color using Prima Marketing Color Bloom Sprays (Iris, Soft Teal, Summer Sky)
- color the roses with Inktense Pencils and add shadows with Golden Fluid Acrylics (Payne's Gray)
- ink up the edges of the whole canvas with Distress Ink (Black Soot)
- add more interest by stamping the script form the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Elements set with Archival Ink (Watering Can)
- stamp parts of the sentiment with the help of the STAMPlorations Art Marks set and Memento Luxe (Tuxedo Black) - and since I am very impatient I heat-embossed it with clear embossing powder to dry it instantly
- add the "to" with the help of a Dymo Label Maker
- add splatters with watered-down Golden Fluid Acrylics (Payne's Gray)
I hope you got inspired and don't forget to join us for our Mixed Media Challenge over at the STAMPlorations Blog. The theme is always anything mixed media except a card. You must use at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The Linky closes at the end of the month.